ABOUT HIDDEN MASTERS
Established in 2008, HiddenMasters is a bespoke contemporary music archive curation service.
The company’s first release was Hidden Masters | The Jess Roden Anthology in 2013. Limited to 1000 copies, the edition has sold out.
In conjunction with Gemma Hayes own label Chasing Dragons, there were two deluxe limited-edition releases produced by HiddenMasters. The first was night&day – Gemma’s first-ever live set – followed by her album – Bones+Longing (both 2014)
Over four years in development, HiddenMasters released the legacy edition Chris Wood | Evening Blue – released via the company’s association with Caroline International on February 3, 2017.
Issued as a 212-paged, vinyl-sized, hard-back book containing 4CDs and his long-thought-lost solo LP, Evening Blue celebrated the life in music of Chris Wood, co-founder of Traffic. Limited to 1000 copies, the edition has sold out.
This was followed by Moon Child Vulcan – Chris Wood’s never-released solo album. Previously included within the Evening Blue set, this was made available as a gatefold-sleeved stand alone release in October 2017.
Further sets and archive consultancy work is at various stages of development.
Neil Storey, founder, HiddenMasters
From working at the heart of public relations to artist management; from on-the-road sales via marketing to radio & TV promotions; global media coordination to worldwide touring as well as artist management, Neil Storey’s career within music spans four decades and incorporates: EMI (sales); Island Records (Head of Press); BMG (Head of Publicity & Corporate Media); The Coalition Group (co-founder with the late Rob Partridge) and Exhibit-A (founding director).
He directed (or co-directed) media campaigns for U2, Marianne Faithfull, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Eurythmics, Grateful Dead’s final European tour, Grace Jones, Steve Winwood, The Waterboys, The Roy Orbison Estate, Michelin-starred chef Gary Rhodes, Jess Roden, Tom Waits, inaugural editions of The Mercury Music Prize, the B-52’s, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Chris Blackwell, King Sunny Adé, Robert Palmer; Kid Creole & The Coconuts, Oasis’s record breaking 1996 concerts at Knebworth, the Jeff Healey Band and the first Gered Mankowitz exhibition.
Storey was also consultant PR to both the Greenpeace In Moscow initiative and the Nelson Mandela: Freedom At 70 concert; a director of the Jimi Hendrix Scholarship Foundation; editorial consultant to the Songs of Freedom Exhibition for the The Bob Marley Foundation; editorial and worldwide PR coordinator for The Ultimate Experience | The Jimi Hendrix Exhibition.
As Nigel Kennedy’s manager, he oversaw the recording and release of five albums including the chart topping Classic Kennedy before moving on to manage the multi-award winning composer and musician Nitin Sawhney – from his Mercury Music Prize nominated Broken Skin album through to the release of Human.
Jayne Gould, designer, photographer, editor – HiddenMasters
Originally working in print, then progressing to digital websites and apps, followed by social media marketing, video, photography and technology skills to complete creative needs. The background to being at this point is …
- Designing, building, maintaining websites for luxury retail, e-commerce, journalists, doctors, musicians, bands, publishers – usually including associated social media marketing.
- Photography, corporate portraits, exteriors, interiors, products – retouching and renovation as necessary.
- “Patrimonie Portriats” photo exposition 2019 for the commune of La Chapelle Faucher
- Director, HiddenMasters – contemporary music publishers, deluxe limited editions, UK. Print and web design, plus video and audio editing
- Design consultant, Future of Information Alliance, University of Maryland, Washington, USA
- UI/UX designer, Chelsea Apps Factory, Queens Jubilee app, Waitrose Weekend weekly newspaper app (co-ordinating editorial staff in London, New York, Bracknell)
- Chief Creative Officer, New York Daily News – America’s 5th largest newspaper, Manhattan, New York City, USA, + advertising, marketing, app prototypes
- Editor, 25hours online, New York Daily News and celebrity news columnist
- Editor, 25hours weekly magazine, New York Daily News
- Group Design Editor, Associated Newspapers (Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, Evening Standard, Metro and magazines) London
- Editorial Design Director, New York Post, News Corp., Manhattan, USA. Following 9/11 – focus on information graphics, military weapons, emergency helplines, plus help establish victims database
- Group Art Director, News Limited, News Corp, Australia for newspapers in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and other major conurbations
- Editorial Operations Manager, John Fairfax Ltd, Sydney, Australia including managing editorial IT applications
- Associate Editor, Sydney Morning Herald, Australia
- Colour Development Manager, Sydney Morning Herald, Australia
- Creative Director, Daily Mail, Associated Newspapers, UK
- Managing Director, XChange International publishing software, London
- Consultant for The Moscow Times, Russia involving some reporting as well
- Marketing Director, Last Word Systems, publishing integrators, London
- Creative Consultant, Life section, The Observer newspaper, London
- Creative Consultant, London Evening Standard
- Publishing Manager, Last Word Systems, publishing integrators, London
- Associate Editor, London Evening Standard.
- Art Director, YOU magazine, Mail on Sunday, London
- Art Director, TODAY – UK’s first colour newspaper – London
- Art Director, New Woman, Murdoch Magazines, Manhattan, New York
- Art Director, YOU magazine, Mail on Sunday, London
- Art Director, Tatler magazine, Condé Nast, London
- Listed – Encyclopaedia of the British Press
- Listed – International Businesswomen’s Who’s Who
- UK Press Awards Magazine Designer of the Year (twice)
- Nikon Awards (UK) Best use of Pictures in a magazine
- AdAge (New York) magazine – Most responsive advertisements
- Uk Press Awards Newspaper of the Year (Weekend magazine)